[dba-Tech] Question on collaborative choices

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Oct 23 12:57:46 CDT 2009

This sounds like a good implementation.

From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Gustav Brock
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2009 10:47 AM
To: dba-tech at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: Re: [dba-Tech] Question on collaborative choices

Hi Max

This is what it is about:

http://www.google.com/google-d-s/intl/en/tour2.html

Note that saving documents is done continuously automatically. This is so
clever that I wonder why so few use it. Tradition, I guess. Lack of
features, some claim, but I think the features of these limited applications
cover 95% of the average user's demand.

"The Cloud" here means that you have no idea of where your application nor
your data physically reside, and you never will and you don't care.
Actually, they are replicated to multiple locations.

But this is not MS Office. Documents can be read and exported as doc and xls
files but that is not real time. It is great, however, for backup to your
own premises. MS has announced a similar limited service for Office 10. I
wonder if and how they will implement the real time editing.

/gustav

>>> max.wanadoo at gmail.com 23-10-2009 19:03 >>>
Susan, that is  how I felt about  "collaborative choices". I understand the
words, I don't  understand what is the meaning behind them.

Max