[dba-Tech] Format hard drive and start over

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Fri Oct 30 19:06:14 CDT 2009

Hi,

Please hold my hand while I do this for the first time.  I've been given
a used Win XP machine, with a 60GB hard drive that is failing.  I would
like to reformat this hard drive and reinstall the operating system and
see if I can get some good out of the machine - for teaching kids and
others, and for playing around; this is not a production machine for
me.  Before I dive into this for the first time, I would like a little
guidance.  Okay?  I'm listening.

Thanks,