[dba-Tech] FW: Friday's Visual Basic World Submissions: A1 FULL CGI/ASP Website Using only VB6 ...

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 09:39:47 CDT 2009

> By the why, does anyone still program in VB?

I think it is a throwback to the days when a person could code anything with
a small footprint, fast processing, and rapid deployment all combined.

You know, before BLOAT and before "Ease of Use" became a dirty word.

Whatever we do now with the new-fangled programming languages, nothing
changes to what is delivered to the client.

However the stuff behind the screen is manipulated matters not a jot to the
client.  All he sees is what is on the screen.

Today we have the equivalent for hyperbole for languages in multitude of
dialects.  Every person who develops a new language does more to increase
the height of the Tower of Babel then they do to reduce it.

What we need is one programming language incorporating the best of all.  In
the same way we need one language for all mankind.

Well, you did ask!

Max