[dba-Tech] FW: Your Blueprint: Optimizing Your Desktop Using VirtualBox

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Sep 25 16:22:52 CDT 2009

Hi Lambert

I don't think so. The ESXi is extremely tight and is intended for nothing else than serving the VMware environment. Note too, that it runs on certified hardware only which mainly is newer brand named servers:

http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php

/gustav

>>> Lambert.Heenan at chartisinsurance.com 25-09-2009 21:01 >>>
Thanks for that Gustav.

I wonder, can one 'dual boot' a vmware system. What I mean is can you have a native OS (Say XP) on one partition that boots normally, and be able to optionally boot the VMWare environment instead. That way I could install it on another partition to check it out.

Otherwise I'd need some 'naked hardware' to check it out on.

Lambert