[dba-Tech] Excel protection question

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 19:05:44 CDT 2010

I've run into a peculiar problem with an Excel sheet. I'm using Forms option buttons in a group box -- in a protected sheet. Unfortunately, if I don't unlock the linked cell (linked to the option buttons), I can't click the option buttons themselves.

Okay, so I unlock the linked cell, but then, in protect mode, Excel selects that cell. I don't want to select that cell -- I want Excel to select the first cell in an input range and ignore that I've unlocked that linked cell.

Any advice?

Susan H.