[dba-Tech] FW: Software

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Wed Feb 3 20:16:01 CST 2010

Well the FAQ on the W7 page sez:

	 I'm running Windows XP on my PC. Can I buy the upgrade version of
Windows 7?

Yes, you can buy the upgrade version of Windows 7, but you'll need to
perform a custom installation. This means that you should back up all of
your files to an external location and gather the installation discs or
setup files for programs that you want to use with Windows 7. For detailed
instructions, see Upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7.

Apparently I can use Windows Easy Transfer to move my files but all the
programs need to be reinstalled.  Link to Upgrading from Windows XP to
Windows 7 gives a pretty detailed explanation.

I just hate to mess with a stable system which my XP box is, but I really
want W7.  Popular wisdom on the list seems to be wait for SP1.  Gives me a
good reason to dither.