[dba-Tech] Once and for all time: server backups

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 11:11:05 CST 2010

Rocky,

On individual workstations I'm sure that just about ANY clone/image-type
program works just fine.  It's on a SERVER that the problems crop up.

>> this place sounds like an idea opportunity to get your foot in the
door by doing a lot of pro bono stuff for them. <<

If I knew something substantive about Windows Server maybe that would be
true.  This backup thing defeats me.

>> How's the job hunt going? <<

Nada.  I've officially applied for 94 jobs since I was downsized.  In 35
days it'll be one year since that event.  I'm more-or-less operating as a
sole proprietor again with two of my oldest clients keeping food on the
table.  The big question mark, of course, is what to do if a health
emergency happens.  No insurance to somewhat offset the possible huge
financial burden.  In a few months we'll be able, maybe, to afford private
insurance to cover serious hospitalization.

Regards,

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI