[dba-Tech] New virtual drive

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 06:05:19 CST 2010

Hello All,

Well I ran the P2V mentioned below and it worked a treat.  The image is 80
GB.

I think created a new machine in HyperV and it also worked a treat, and then
booted the machine.

After it booted, it said it must connect to MS to activate Windows, which is
OK, I know the hardware is different.  However, the machine is not seeing
the network connection / internet and cannot connect to MS.  The only other
option is to phone MS but they say I need my CD to call out the PID Key.
 Believe it or not, I consciously threw out about 100 CD a few months ago,
including loads of old Dell OS disks - including the OS for this laptop.

I have other XP images and keys I can use, but I do not want to re-install
XP on the V machine, it defeats of the purpose of the P2V tool.

So, any ideas how I will get the newly imaged V machine to see the internet
through HyperV.  I have installed the legacy network and bound it to the
physical card on the host machine.

TIA

Mark