[dba-Tech] SBS 2008 performance

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 06:13:38 CST 2010

Hello Janet,

I have a large online asp.net web app that is running now for 2 years.  It
runs on a Dell Server with 2 GB ram, and a celeron processor, I bought the
server for €750  (approxd $1000 new from Dell).  We handle 400 visitors per
day to the site for two years.  And performance is always perfectly fine.

I think that one thing is hogging your memory and you have to find that.
 Moving SQL to another machine should not be a necessity for you, and
certainly not to another expensive server.

What about immediately on boot up, can you watch the services coming up and
observer the memory increasing and identify the culprit?

good luck,

Mark