[dba-Tech] Network Problem

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 05:57:19 CDT 2010

Hello Rocky,

You have covered a few things that I would look at also, but in the interest
in at least including a checklist, I will note the following

Check IP Address range is same as rest of house [I suspect it is OK for you]
Check the WORKGROUP name is the same [Done]
Check any "allow other computers to connect to me" settings [Done as you can
connect to other machines]
Check, double check and triple check any firewall settings on each machine
[Not Mentioned yet]
Check the new Vista / Win7 feature of "What kind of network is this" Home /
Public / Work etc - No idea what do check for here.

Local installed firewalls Windows or McAfee have gotton me a few times.

Finally as a word of woe, I have an XP box and after three years, I cannot
connect to it, It can connect to my other machines but I cannot connect to
it.  A real PITA.

Grr I hate this type of problem.

Sorry that is not much of a help.

Mark