[dba-Tech] Are not uber Geeks an inspiration to us all?

Janet Erbach jerbach at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 12:06:51 CDT 2010

Do you mean the Small Business Server Installation from HELL?? We had a SBS
2008 seriously professional tech (he's done over 200 installations in the
past couple of years) remote in and conduct an assessment.  He says our
server has 1-3 years left to live based on the way the original install was
screwed up.  He said it was very obvious that the install was done by guys
who treated it like a Server 2003 install - which means it's been doomed to
die from the start.  In cpu-intensive aaaaaagony.

Ok, so that's an overly dramatic way to put it.  But it is essentially
true.  The tech recommended using their service to hand-hold and
patch/repair our current install every month for a year or so, and then
start over with a clean install.  But their monthly fee for said service is
WAY out of the ballpark, so I'm back to hunting for someone local with
enough experience to help us.  But that was before you suggested the
exorcisim/holy water approach.  It may well be easier to find a local priest
with SBS 2008 experience than it has been finding a consultant!!

Thanks for asking...it helps to have a sympathetic audience!  ;)

Janet