[dba-Tech] USB Memory stick lost space!

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Mar 28 12:49:45 CDT 2010

Hi John

There is no (noticeable) difference between the gross capacity between FAT32 or NTSF formatting but NTSF formatting initially consumes a little more storage (~30 MB) than FAT32. Any difference is usually caused be the difference in counting method as explained by Stuart.

/gustav

>>> rustykh at yahoo.com 28-03-2010 16:31 >>>
I don't remember if you can do in on a usb flash drive, but did you maybe change the type of formatting used?  Like the old DOS format to NTFS?