[dba-Tech] Symantec Backup Exec

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 30 10:42:06 CDT 2010

Hi Janet:

Does not your SBS have a fine backup system built in? The Symantec backup
would have to have a lot of features to make it worth it. We have been doing
some experimenting with LogMeIn remote and offsite backup and it looks
really good. Here is a review of the product:

http://reviews.cnet.com/e-mail/logmein-backup/1707-3536_7-31841188.html

In the office we backup to portable drives and then take them off site.

On another aside, at a client's site, that is using SBS 2008, we have been
working to get it performance up but the only success we have had is by
maxing out the RAM... 16GB and it is finally up to a good trot.