[dba-Tech] Renaming Windows Folders using code

rockysmolin at bchacc.com rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Thu May 20 09:58:06 CDT 2010

Martin:

I recently made a similar inquiry about a client who wanted to move a
folder from one location to another.  I'm not home (in Yosemite for a few
days actually) but it should be in the archive.  Turned out to be a one
liner - a VBA command I never knew about.  If you don't get this solved by
the weekend, I'll look it up when I get home.

Wait a minute...I have the program here on my laptop.  The
line reads:

Name Me.txtSourceFolder As Me.txtTargetFolder & "\" & strFolderToMove

I think that NAME command will work for you.  It has the effect of moving
an entire folder somewhere but may work for renaming as well.  Let me know.

Rocky