[dba-Tech] Now why is not Windows written to this standard?

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu May 20 21:07:21 CDT 2010

I received this link and it made me ask the question...Why can not Windows
be written with the same confidence? Does Windows and virtually all other
software for that matter have to have thousands of errors? Is it because
thousands of jobs depend on those errors?

if MS could even come close to matching a near perfect Desktop, would they
have any concerns from competition? Is there not checking software that if
given time and the right testing scenarios can virtually uncover any bug?
But what do I know?

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/06/writestuff.html?page=0,0