[dba-Tech] Word VBA problem

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon Nov 22 15:11:48 CST 2010

Seems logical to me.  There is a big difference between all the shapes in a document,all the
shapes in a selection and a selected shape.

Take a document with three paragraphs. The first paragraph contains an inline shape and
the second and third paragraphs each contain two in line shapes.

If you just select the shape by itself, it is

 ActiveDocument.InlineShapes(5)
and
 Selection.InlineShapes(1)

However if you select the complete third paragraph, it is

 ActiveDocument.InlineShapes(5)
and
 Selection.InlineShapes(2)

_-