[dba-Tech] Excel question

Janet Erbach jerbach at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 09:12:10 CST 2010

Susan -

Are the formulas the same for each row?  Could you put one set of formulas
on a separate page (do they call that a 'workbook' now?) within your
spreadsheet?  Or even place the formulas in an external worksheet?  You
could data protect those cells and then use absolute referencing in your
formulas pointing to the new page/spreadsheet.  (You might even be able name
each formula and use the names in place of cell addresses  - I haven't used
names a whole lot, so I can't say whether it's worth the effort or not.)  I
used to have a very complex sales forecast spreadsheet that was built
entirely on links to an external spreadsheet - it worked great.

Janet Erbach