[dba-Tech] Exporting to Excel when Excel is not installed

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Sep 3 07:39:46 CDT 2010

Hi Mark:

I have never tried to move an Excel spread sheet into DNN. Without full SSIS
capabilities you would need an app to simulate the spreadsheets importing
feature... There are numerous listed...of course you could always roll your
own.

I do not think the placing of an Excel dll will do anything as this is a
website. As well to do anything major you would need full access to the
site. It would have to be something like an IIS plug-in as your DB does not
have extended import features.

If I find something I will post it here.