[dba-Tech] So how do you automate imaging?

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Sep 10 23:06:15 CDT 2010

I haven't used that at all, but  phpinfo tells me that it is installed on our web servers and I see
that WAMP on my development system has php_gd2 ticked on the Extensions list.

A quick look at  http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.image.php shows that it doesn't just
manipulate existing images, it lets you create images with text, line, arc etc functions so you
could use it to create graphs/charts on the fly in your web page from various data sources.

Good find!  I definitely will have to play with this when I get some spare time.

--
Stuart