[dba-Tech] Not Sure Quite What I'm Dealing With Here

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Thu Apr 28 18:15:19 CDT 2011

Ditto on that

-----Original Message-----
From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Stuart McLachlan
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2011 4:13 PM
To: Discussion of Hardware and Software issues
Subject: Re: [dba-Tech] Not Sure Quite What I'm Dealing With Here

Better to grab a copy of ProcessExplorer and use that.  I've seen systems
with TaskMgr
hijacked that I could still get into with ProcExp.

It tells you al lot more about what is going on.

It also lets you suspend a bunch of processes and then close then down one
at a time.  It's the only way to beat those nasties that run several
instances under different names, all of which watch for each other and
restart  any that are shut down.

--
Stuart