[dba-Tech] DOS in Sun VirtualBox?

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Aug 28 06:02:02 CDT 2011

No idea, but as an alternative, have you looked at DOSBox?

http://www.dosbox.com/

DOSBox emulates an Intel x86 PC, complete with sound, graphics, mouse, joystick, modem,
etc., necessary for running many old MS-DOS games that simply cannot be run on modern
PCs and operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux and
FreeBSD. However, it is not restricted to running only games. In theory, any MS-DOS or
PC-DOS (referred to commonly as "DOS") application should run in DOSBox, but the
emphasis has been on getting DOS games to run smoothly, which means that
communication, networking and printer support are still in early development.

DOSBox also comes with its own DOS-like command prompt. It is still quite rudimentary and
lacks many of the features found in MS-DOS, but it is sufficient for installing and running
most DOS games.

--
Stuart