[dba-Tech] Microsoft Windows 7 cell phones are having problems

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 11 10:12:51 CST 2011

Hi Gustav:

Right now nobody knows. If it is a bad design or some configuration issue
that is easily made but not understood by the users, that is a problem. At
the time of the news release no one, at least in or related to press had any
idea what this data flow was for.

I would suspect on going updates as Microsoft has always done, on PC,
totally automated except that does not really work on a cell phone device
where every byte transferred cost money.

I suspect it is minor issue but the amount of bad press is major and just
what Microsoft doesn't need... especially as iPhone is just getting more
established and Android is cleaning up.