[dba-Tech] Breaking up an mp3 file

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Jan 18 04:00:50 CST 2011

My biggest MP3 is only 64MB in size, but it loaded much quicker in  the freeware version of
NCH's Wavepad than in  Audacity.

http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/index.html

A nice feature for Rocky's purpose is that you can click on any point in the file and select
"Split into two files".   It is instantaneous. You get two windows replacing the original one with
a part in each.

Click on another point in one of the two new windows and repeat for four "chunks".

Keep doing that until you have your 10 chunks and then save each of them separately.

Voila!!!

--
Stuart