[dba-Tech] Building a New Comp

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Mon Jun 20 11:21:29 CDT 2011

Thanks - will forward

-----Original Message-----
From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Jim Lawrence
Sent: Monday, June 20, 2011 9:10 AM
To: 'Discussion of Hardware and Software issues'
Subject: Re: [dba-Tech] Building a New Comp

Hi Rocky:

If he does not want the drive but the new installation will be too time
consuming, he can always image the old drive to the new computer drive. It
is not guaranteed that the process will work but in the cases I have done
this; there is a 90 percent conversion rate. The newer OSs are very
flexible.

If he wishes to follow this method simply add his old drive in the computer
and set it to the boot drive and when the system has been configured and his
old drive boot up, he can then export the revised boot drive image to other
drive and switch the new drive to the boot drive.