[dba-Tech] Windows7 issues

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 14:28:15 CDT 2011

Hello Jim,

I am working on a Vista machine that was working fine until recently, I
could not access network settings at all.

I did a system restore and all is back to normal.  Not sure what caused it.

What I am worrying about now is whether I can safely give this machine back
now - will MS 'break' it again?

or does the system restore cleverly mark certain updates bad and not attempt
them a second time?

FWIW, it is running Vista Home Premium SP 1

thanks

Mark