[dba-Tech] Not Sure Quite What I'm Dealing With Here - Update 3

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Sun May 1 10:40:14 CDT 2011

Well, it is really coming down to a complete start over situation.
Saving as many user files as I can before the complete makeover of the
computer.
But, I did find that the RECYCLER worm was at least one of the
problems.  This worm is generally transmitted by USB device.  The kids
bring stuff home from school on USB drives, and one of those must have
been infected.  The thing creates a folder called RECYCLER in the root
of the drive.  Still, that was not everything.  Vundo was also a
culprit, as was whatever PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter is.
So, today, we reconstruct that computer from the ground up.
Thanks for all the suggestions and guidance.  I really appreciate it.