[dba-Tech] John Bartow - Windows 7 - Vipre conflict

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Tue May 3 11:12:40 CDT 2011

Yes the web site is going through major changes since GFI bought Sunbelt
Software. GFI obviously has a lot more marketing experience and is marketing
more aggressively than Sunbelt ever did. I see ads for Vipre all over the
place.

But the links I posted are the same links as a couple of years ago. The only
link they've changer (well removed actually) was the one to the "latest
definition file" which was really handy because I never had to go to a web
site to download the latest definitions just run a shortcut command that
downloaded the file. I raised a stink about it but apparently I'm the only
one that ever used it because no one on the forums chimed in with support
for my plea to reinstate it.

Yea, the affiliate thing has changed a lot too since GFI took over. They had
their own affiliate management methods. I haven't updated any of my web
links since so I don't even know if I'm getting credit for anything. Not the
point of me doing it anyway 99% of the links I've posted over the years got
me nothing but these days, a little kickback doesn't hurt ;o)

You always welcome my friend!
John B