[dba-Tech] Download Chrome OS

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun May 15 00:40:35 CDT 2011

The whole cloud networks are in their infancy and they were probably
deployed before they were really ready for public consumption. I remember
when the internet started and no ISP could guarantee 24x7 service and in
some case would sit down for days.

The network and ISP we were connected to would be compensated us every month
for how many hours they were down and sometimes it was almost 50 percent. It
is rare that internet crashes now.

My main concerns are that these cloud systems will become consolidated
amongst only a very few providers.