[dba-Tech] Opening a pdf via hyperlink in Excel

Tydda Jon - Slough jon.tydda at lonza.com
Thu Nov 3 10:13:16 CDT 2011

Hi all

I've got a bit of a strange problem with an Excel document. It's got hyperlinks in it to pdf documents, and when you click on these links, I get the message "Cannot open the specified file".

This problem exists on Windows 7 computers, with combinations of Office 2003 SP3, Office 2010 SP1, Acrobat 9 and Acrobat X (I've tried it on machines with varying patch levels, including our standard install of 9.3.0, and my install of 9.4.6. I even removed that from my pc and upgraded to X.1.1.

I'm just wondering if there's a setting somewhere that I need to tick or untick, or a library I need to add or something.

Can anyone help?

Jon

This communication and its attachments, if any, may contain confidential and privileged information the use of which by other persons or entities than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from your system.