[dba-Tech] OT: Blogging

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 11:25:38 CST 2011

I have the same problem, and am trying to work out a solution. From my
inspections thus far, a site can be set up for next to nothing (1+1 for
example, not to cite them as the best deal available, but merely one
example). From then on, it's up to your content and your ability to attract
readers, and possibly and eventually advertisers willing to help you fund
the costs. Should it happen that you go Viral, then the rest is up to your
accounting+marketing skills -- of which I have neither, so on this topic I
hereby shut my mouth.

Given my age-stage etc. I am placing more of my focus on political issues
than programming issues, which makes my prospective web site a tad
problematic. I don't see any easy way out of this dilemma, but in the
meantime I'm still in the planning/panning/applauding stages... and
planning to include literary and musical reviews as well. I'm aging but
remain eclectic, and still read five books a week -- the best defence
against Alzheimer's. And I too like to write, about databases, movies,
books, music and politics. Not sure how to organize this (assuming that it
can be organized), and not sure who would want to read it, but heck, I'm
semi-retired, and it's that or watch TV, which since I only receive the
minimal number of channels, is the last resort of the ignorati. But at
least the channels I am able to receive don't carry Jerry Springer, so to
that extent I'm relatively safe. On the other hand, I still have serious
battles with CRTC, but that's another story.

A.