[dba-Tech] Blackberry outage

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 00:56:44 CDT 2011

I can't prove it but I suspect that there is a plot afoot, and thereby drive
the stock down, and thence scoop the shares cheaply. My bet is to buy RIM
shares now, before the dumpster-divers close in. I hate those
further-morkers, and I wish there were a flat-rate tax system that would tax
them the same percentage as working-class people. But I digress.

Some serious players are out to undermine RIM, and to drive its stock down
in preparation for a takeover. There is some ugly business afoot here. This
is corporate warfare rearing its ugly head. It's not the first time it's
happened, but this one might be its most visible example.

This is how it works:

a) hire some programmers to reverse-engineer the software.
b) plant a seed and wait for it to grow into a massive weed.
c) launch your own marketing plan offering something immune to said weed.

That is what is happening to RIM currently, IMO. RIM's big thing has been
its security, so how better to attack the company than to attack its
security? Once that pillar has been dislodged, there is no company. And that
is precisely what is occurring at present. I can't point fingers at specific
companies, primarily because they are well-cloaked, but you can follow the
cookie-trails and figure out which companies stand to profit most from RIM's
downfall, or acquisition, or both.

Arthur