[dba-Tech] FW: Amazon Kindle Fire spies on your internet traffic

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Oct 3 07:55:39 CDT 2011

But Jim, that tracking will help Amazon to contribute to "The Semantic Web".

/gustav

>>> accessd at shaw.ca 03-10-2011 14:18 >>>
Just received the following email so thought I would pass it along.

" It would appear that surfing the web on the Amazon Kindle Fire forces you
to go through a proxy on their servers, instead of accessing the websites
directly, meaning that they can track everything you do, everything you
read, everything you write, including over HTTPS.

This is really really bad. Do not buy a Kindle Fire. I highly discourage this.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/networking/amazons-kindle-fire-silk-browser-has-serious-security-concerns/1516?tag=content;siu-container "

Thoughts?