[dba-Tech] Sproc emailed me to say I am broken

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 03:22:36 CDT 2011

Hello All,

I am using a module in DNN named Dynamic Registration.  In that module, I
have a custom written sproc.  I recently deleted a column in the database
that I no longer use.

That night a user attempted to register and when he did my sproc failed, so
guess what, the module emailed me to inform me that it was now broken.

I was astonished, mostly because the notification feature worked, but also
because I had forgotten that such a feature existed.

IMO, software does not work as well as that often enough.

I was very impressed.

thanks
Mark