[dba-Tech] Free Registry Repair tool

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Tue Sep 6 14:25:13 CDT 2011

Arthur,
Honestly, I don't think anyone needs to use one unless they've been infected
by malware. I use ccleaner then. It doesn't list some of items others do but
then sometimes these cleaners can cause problems by being too aggressive. I
don't think I've ever had a system go bonkers because of ccleaner and I had
from others in the past.

Another registry trick that is mostly unneeded unless major problems have
occurred is defragging the registry files. A simple one to use is Auslogics
RegDefragger. I install it, use it and then uninstall it. There's probably a
nice scripted way to do the same thing but I haven't run across it yet.

Have fun,
John B.