[dba-Tech] Interface to IMDB

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Thu Sep 8 06:10:58 CDT 2011

Hi Arthur

http://www.imdb.com/interfaces#plain

Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com [mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Arthur Fuller
Sent: 08 September 2011 12:03
To: Discussion of Hardware and Software issues
Subject: [dba-Tech] Interface to IMDB

I built a simple DVD library database so I could log in my collection of DVD movies. The database contains only one table, with columns such as ID, Title, Genre, Director, Synopsis and Review. The way I've been entering the data is by opening IMDB in one window and my db in another, looking up the title in IMDB and typing in the relevant data into my db. There's got to be a better way.

I'm not tied to preserving my little app. Is there either a free tool that interfaces with IMDB so I can enter a title and it looks up the IMDB info and copies it; or some sort of API etc. that I could hook to my own little db and achieve the same?

TIA,
Arthur