[dba-Tech] Interface to IMDB

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 07:14:56 CDT 2011

I downloaded three potential cataloguers. The first two (SundryToolsXV and
Bootleg 5) crashed immediately, so I tossed them and tried the third, Ant
Movie Catalog (AMC), which I am running now. It has all the features I
wanted and more. Its interface to Net databases is achieved with scripts,
and there is a script editor. There are dozens of scripts provided, each
interfacing to a different data source. The only one I've tried so far is
the IMDB interface. You enter the title of the movie, then run the script
and presto, all the data is entered into the local database, even including
a screen shot of the cover. Nice!

Oh, another important thing is that you can choose an Access or MySQL back
end. I went with Access.

Arthur