[dba-Tech] Dead Comp

Bill Patten bill_patten at embarqmail.com
Sun Sep 11 11:43:52 CDT 2011

Rocky,

There are several power supply testers available, I use Ultra about $15 and
it will test both  20 and 24 pin mother boards and even SATA power plugs..
It uses LED's to indicate correct voltages. Fry's may carry it. Even if you
get a new supply and it works this tester can save you time in the future.

I don't know how old your Dell is but in the early days they used
proprietary supply's and standard replacement would not physically fit.

Best of Luck.

Bill