[dba-Tech] RAM Terminology

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Wed Sep 28 09:20:15 CDT 2011

Same here. It's been about 98% accurate for me since I've started using it -
which has to be close to the time it was first released. There are plenty of
other little utilities that will inventory you hardware but Crucial's
scanner is so easy to use, is kept up to date with newer technologies and
gives you a price list when you're done. Sometimes I order directly from
them but generally I order Crucial's memory direct from my supplier which is
less expensive and faster delivery. There are cheaper brands but I've had
some issues in the past with the low end RAM. It's usually not a big enough
cost difference to justify the risk IMO.