[dba-Tech] Subversion packages

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Apr 24 07:47:58 CDT 2012

Hi Arthur

Visual Studio is 32-bit, so don't be afraid of a 32-bit client.
I have set up a local VisualSVN server and it works OK for me despite the limitations of SVN that Shamil has listed previously.

/gustav

>>> 2011-04-21 13:59
So I asked VisualSVN if we could obtain a license for the updated client.
The answer was yes.

Thus, those of us who attend the Northwind.NET project (Shamil's SCRUM project) obtained a developer license for VisualSVN 2.x:

<quote>
Here is the new VisualSVN license for "Northwin.NET" project. You can use it with VisualSVN 1.x as well as with VisualSVN 2.x.
<snip>
Best regards,
Simon Atanasyan
VisualSVN Limited
</quote>

I'll forward the license key to any of you members for the asking.

Download is here:
http://www.visualsvn.com/visualsvn

I still plan to set up the server for this (free) server for VisualSVN but I haven't had the time yet:
http://www.visualsvn.com/server/

----

>>> fuller.artful at gmail.com 24-04-2012 14:23 >>>
It's time I finally set up a version-control system for my projects,
primarily due to the imminent release of Red-Gate's SQL Connect package,
which promises SQL Server version control from within Visual Studio. It's
been tested against TFS and AnkhSVN. I can't afford the former so I
downloaded the latter. I now have to choose an SVN package, and I note that
there are several from which to choose:
CollabNet
SilkSVN
VisualSVN
WANdisco
Win32SVN

Given that Silk (and perhaps others) offers 64-bit, the last one in the
list seems pointless. But beyond that I have no clue. Do you have
experience/opinions on which one I should look at first? I don't want to go
through them all.

TIA,
--
Arthur
Cell: 647.710.1314

The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is
by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We
cause accidents.

-Nathaniel Borenstein<http://www.quoteland.com/author/Nathaniel-Borenstein-Quotes/63/>