[dba-Tech] Google Drive is Available

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Apr 25 02:12:43 CDT 2012

Hi Hans

If that is your concern, you should encrypt everything. That counts for any information containing privacy or confidential data, no matter at which cloud location, as soon as you feel you are not in control of that location.

There has been a heated discussion here if public authorities could allow non-anonymous data to be stored in the cloud. It goes without saying that you can't get any absolute control of where, say, Google store your data regardless of what the hosting provider may tell you. It always ends up in trust in the hosting provider, which is legally useless; thus, the only method to keep such data private is to encrypt them. Doing so, however, they can be stored just about anywhere.

Any responsible corporation should have the same considerations.

/gustav

>>> hans.andersen at phulse.com 25-04-2012 08:04 >>>

So now Google now has the ability read all my emails, know all my friends and family, know which sites I browse, track everything I search for, and, like DropBox, look inside all my personal files. This is exactly what I've been waiting for.

Hans