[dba-Tech] The latest MS Surface price leak

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Wed Aug 15 08:33:43 CDT 2012

For a tablet I don't see the cloud as a big negative.  I wouldn't store my
company data there or large docs, etc.  Since you're not going to be doing
any real development work on a tablet.  But, AFAICT, and I'm not a tablet
user, the stuff that Google holds for you is all pretty small but useful
stuff -  calendar, email, contacts, etc.  The rest of its utility seems to
be in the apps - GPS, web surfing for news and other info.

So I'm wondering if the lack of SD is going to be a problem.  I suppose if
you want to take a couple of movies with you on a long flight.  But you can
store an awful lot of music and books in a couple of GB.