[dba-Tech] mobile SQLs (Re: Tim Cook vs. Steve Jobs)

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 02:29:03 CDT 2012

Hi Susan,

I would have agreed with you up until Office 2007.  From the 90's, office
did not change that much, and I felt myself a power user for all those
years.

Since 2007 / 2010 was launched I have felt more like a novice.  I regularly
tell people that we all stopped receiving training on office apps from
about '99 onwards, but we all need it again now.  Imagine what it is like
for people that do not make a career out of technology.  I see them every
day strugging to create a table, or to set a border.  Stuff we took for
granted in 2006.

If you have decided to ditch Office and are not comfortable trying to
become an expert on SQL Server, you could review Dotnetnuke.  It is a nice
combination of technical (SQL Server BE) and has a nice community also.

Thanks
Mark