[dba-Tech] mobile SQLs (Re: Tim Cook vs. Steve Jobs)

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 28 11:09:28 CDT 2012

In the many years doing programming there appear to be only three ways to
learn a new discipline.

1. Taking a course at college (or maybe online). In a course you have to
progress and work with a group which gives a lot more insight than as an
individual.

2. Commit yourself to a project. When a client is expecting results you have
to learn right, you have to learn fast and you have to be organized.

3. Teaching a discipline yourself. Again you have to learn right, learn fast
and you have to be organized..

In summary, you have to put yourself on the spot to learn. Having just a
book or scamming through various web based web learning programs are
useless. There are rare individuals who are absolutely disciplined and
focused but those people are extremely rare (those people have no friends
and no family). Life has a way of unfocusing the very best of intentions and
an external push is what is required.