[dba-Tech] The state of the web

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 5 21:15:35 CST 2012

Hi Shamil:

The term Desktop, I guess only refers to PCs though how would you describe
the native "window" of a mobile device?

The difference between Browser and the Mobile Window seems to be blurring as
Android is creating a browser OS for some of their new tablets. It would
then be difficult (impossible?) to create a proprietary interface.

A good Cloud management interface could not come soon enough. I would tend
to look for an OSS alternative unless a new product could be proven
superior... The link seems to emphasize the apparent Cloud Management
product vacuum.