[dba-Tech] ASUS N76Vz looses multi-touch capability after "awakening" from sleep mode or ...

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sun Dec 9 16:39:09 CST 2012

Hi All --

Just wanted to note that I have rebooted PC (it took a few seconds) and multi-touch works well.
But I still do not see "Touchpad" is mentioned in the list of devices of "Device Manager" treview.
I will go looking for it in the system somewhere else.I do remember I have seen it somewhere... :)

Thank you.

-- Shamiul

Понедельник, 10 декабря 2012, 2:33  от Salakhetdinov Shamil <mcp2004 at mail.ru>:

>Hi Bill --

Thank you for the link. No, I haven't seen it.

I don't know the manufacturer of touchpad, as for its drivers I should have ASUS Smart Gesture (TouchPad Driver) as it's listed here http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Multimedia_Entertainment/N76VZ/#download

Following your link's advice I have opened "Device Manager" but I didn't find Touchpad there (I haven't yet rebooted my PC).

I have checked  "Mice and Other Pointing Devices" and "Other Devices" and "Keyboard" and all the other entries of "Device Manager" treeview.

I will reboot my PC now to see will I find Touchpad drivers or not...

Thank you.

-- Shamil

Воскресенье,  9 декабря 2012, 13:22  от "Bill Patten" <bill_patten at embarqmail.com>:

>Shamil,

You may have already found this but just in case.

>http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-tms/touchpad-gestures-stop-working-after-sleep-in/0a1e3d9d-212f-4a80-ab8c-21bcfd76fb36

Also it it uses the synaptic touchpad this guy said the drivers from

synaptics helped.

>ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59001-59500/sp59085.exe

HTH

Bill