[dba-Tech] Internet Explorer Data Leakage (versions 6 to 10)

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 13 21:47:49 CST 2012

That's good know. Thanks Shamil.

From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Salakhetdinov
Shamil
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2012 2:17 PM
To: Discussion of Hardware and Software issues
Subject: Re: [dba-Tech] Internet Explorer Data Leakage (versions 6 to 10)

 Hi Hans and Jim --

You can get from Win8 AppStore a free "Google Search" app developed by
Google and run it in Win8 Metro interface. It probably has IE browser
control embedded but anyway - it's a Google product. And you can use sixteen
main Google apps right within "Google Search" Metro interface: Gmail,
Calendar, Drive, Maps, Images, ...

Also you can install Google Chrome - the link to its setup is present on MS
App Store site - and use it in desktop mode as the main browser. I do use it
that way.

I'm using IE from time to time too on Win8 and so far I haven't seen any
issues...

And I have been using IE on my WinPhone 7.5 for more than an year - no
problems...

Thank you.

-- Shamil

Четверг, 13 декабря 2012, 13:20  от Hans-Christian Andersen
<hans.andersen at phulse.com>:

>You can if you exit the Metro interface and run it as a desktop
application. As far as browsers go while in Metro, you only get IE.

>This, of course, means that you are not able to run anything other than IE
on any Surface tablets running Windows RT.

>- Hans
>

>On 2012-12-13, at 12:58 PM, "Jim Lawrence" < accessd at shaw.ca > wrote:
>
>> I am being facetious.
>>
>> Only if you are running IE as your browser. One question comes to mind;
Can