[dba-Tech] Internet Explorer Data Leakage (versions 6 to 10)

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Fri Dec 14 04:57:23 CST 2012

 Hi Hans --

<<<
On WinRT, Microsoft restricts access to APIs to the extent that its impossible.

Please provide links on information proving that statement.
At least for WinRT one can develop apps using HTML5 and JavaScript running within IE instance probably - do you mean WinRT will block external third-parties API/Web services calls even in this case?

<<<
Regarding Googles utilities, if the goal is to avoid IE, due to security issues, this isn't much help.

Do you mean "Google Search" app for WinRT/Win8 uses MS Browser control to render web pages?
If Yes, do you have links on information proving that supposition?

BTW, I have just installed "Google" app on my WInPhone 7.5 - it's like "Google Search" WinRT app but with more limited interface. Anyway one can type 'Gmail', 'Google Maps', 'Google Translate' ... in the search box and then browse to the Google apps - all within "Google" WinPhone 7.5 application...

When one is browsing this web site:

http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/overview/

they see that MS is ready to host via Windows Azure all the mainstream Web technologies - how's that?
One can say they are in trouble and so looking for every opportunity to keep their "shrinking developers and users base" but the other one can say they have learned from their past mistakes and they now provide to their developers and users a very wide range of development tools and platforms...

I'm not defending MS  - just wanted to invite you and others here to keep positive attitude... even for Microsoft :)

Thank you.

-- Shamil