[dba-Tech] A new super Virtual server

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 18 13:45:03 CST 2012

I have been checking out the virtual server options, not clients, for a
customer and ran across the apparent best option. Looked at the obvious
choices VMWare, VirtualBox and Hyper-V but then ran across the following
package.

It is a virtual server called Proxmox VE. It is an OSS package built on top
of Debian Linux. It is fully enterprise ready, has a full GUI, but will need
one line of command code if you want to cluster the product.

http://www.proxmox.com/

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxmox_VE

It is supposed to be the fastest and stablist product of its kind and many
sites are now using it with great success. I have not used it myself but
understand there are full online support options as well as very active
forums.

So if you want to put together a Virtual server at your home or business
check this out. Below is a video which does a review on Proxmox and actually
talks with some tech that have been using the product for a few years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIoy50glL6Y&list=SP1438E85AF384217E&index=133