[dba-Tech] Computer

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Wed Dec 26 11:26:19 CST 2012

Applications are going to move more into the cloud in the near future (desktop apps will disappear) and the two dominant players there will be Amazon and OpenStack - and it would be a wise move to get rather comfortable with Linux, because it already runs most of the Internet. Unfortunately, with the exception of OpenStack, these cloud services will and already are often walled gardens. Where there is economic incentive, there will always be companies going with the walled garden approach unfortunately. This is why OpenStack is going to be quite important as many smaller cloud providers are adopting it.

Best regards,
Hans-Christian Andersen