[dba-Tech] NoSQL is a movement not so much a choice or a technology

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Feb 10 05:26:16 CST 2012

An alternative view:

http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/database-administration/relational-databases-and-solid-state-
memory-an-opportunity-squandered/

<quote>The relational model was devised long before computer hardware was able to deliver
an RDBMS that could deliver a fully normalized database with no performance deficit. Now,
with reliable SSDs falling in price, we can reap the benefits, instead of getting distracted by
NOSQL with its doubtful compromise of 'eventual consistency'.</quote>

--
Stuart